Can you believe it’s July already? There is still time to be a food or craft vendor at this year’s Ramona Street Fair! Apply here.
Can you believe it’s almost here? There is quite the stir around these parts about the awesome event that is coming up on Sunday – the Lents Ramona Street Fair is the place to be! Who wouldn’t want to wander around the Lents Town Center, eating food, shopping local gifts, and dancing to music? It’s not every day that you get the chance to dance on SE 92nd Avenue, so clear your calendar!
There will be lots to see and do, check out some of the highlights below. I can’t give it all away, though, you have to come on down on Sunday to check out what’s in store!
Sneak Peek Highlights:
- Get front row parking at the motorcycle and scooter parking at SE 92nd & Ramona St. –OR– better yet, if your two-wheeled bike is powered only by you, ride up on the I-205 Multi-Use Path from the Springwater Corridor or the Green Line Max (Foster Rd / Lents Town Center Stop). There is front row bike parking as well!
- Pick up some fresh produce and some awesome flowers at the Lents International Farmers Market open at SE 92nd & Foster until 2:00 p.m.
- Check out some electric vehicles that the Oregon Electric Vehicles Association is bringing down!
- Shop the 60+ vendors that will be lining SE 92nd Avenue & Ramona Street
- For those that are 21 and over, Stop by the Buckman Brewery for some locally crafted beer or Hip Chicks Do Wine for a glass of delicious pinot. Can’t decide: beer or wine? You don’t have to! Try one of both or take a bottle home with you! It’s 5 o’clock somewhere right?
- Want to get a little exercise before you start in on the beer? Jump on your bike and join the Green Streets Bicycle Ride from 12:30 – 1:30 p.m. (meet at the Green Lents Info Booth on 92nd Ave, Ages 8+) FREE! No RSVP required, just show up!
- AND THERE’S MORE… Check out the list of activities and demonstrations that will be happening throughout the day:
All Day: Learn to make your own green cleaners that are non-toxic and smell great! (Green Lents Info Booth on 92nd Ave) FREE!
All Day: Learn to weave your very own basket! All Ages Welcome. (Woven Rainbows Booth) $10 / basket
All Day: Need advice about your bike? Talk to Seth at the Meticon Bikes Booth! Advice is FREE!
All Day: Win prizes at the Carnival Games booth (SE Ramona St. cul-de-sac). All Ages Welcome. Most games are FREE!
See you there!
-Lents Events Planning Committee
As the Lents Ramona Street Fair nears, we are checking off the “to-dos” and ready to have some fun! Check out the vendors page to see a list of the vendors you will see at the fair. Plan on arriving with ample time to walk the street, shop the booths, eat food and drink delicious local beer or wine. Don’t forget your dancing shoes, because you won’t be able to stop yourself from dancing in the street – in the middle of SE 92nd Avenue! We are shutting down 92nd Avenue from Foster Road to Ramona Street and there will be vendors and activities to keep you busy up and down both streets. If you come early, you can pick up your produce, berries and cupcakes at the Lents International Farmers Market which will be open from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm.
Can’t wait, see you there!
-Lents Events Planning Team
Thank you to all of the wonderful vendors that have signed up for a booth at this year’s Lents Ramona Street Fair! We only have a few vendor spaces left at this year’s fair, so if you have not signed up and would like to have a booth – sign up as soon as possible. The vendor application will be closed after July 1st. We are looking forward to a fantastic group of vendors, with a mix of art, crafts, homemade and recycled goods and demonstration booths! There will be a full schedule of demonstrations and activities for you to learn from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m.! A full list of activities and demonstrations will be available in July, but a sneak peek of the fun (sshhh!) includes:
- learn to make your own good-smelling, green cleaners from natural ingredients (and take home a sample!)
- and more!
Also, this year we are very thankful to have received a small grant from the East Portland Neighborhood Office and the City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement. Because of this grant, we have been able to provide a limited number of reduced fee vendor booths for low-income vendors. Applications were accepted on a first-come, first-serve basis and the program was popular. We are now at capacity for reduced fee booths and are excited to help provide the marketing and selling opportunity to these vendors at this year’s fair!
Stay tuned for a full list of vendors and activities as the Lents Ramona Street Fair gets closer – Spread the word. Hope to see you there!
-Lents Events Planning Committee
The 2011 3rd Annual Lents Ramona Street Fair will be held on Sunday, July 31, 2011 from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m. You can find the fun at SE 92nd Avenue & Ramona Street! There will be 50+ vendors, music, food, beer / wine, green-living demonstrations and kids activities – all in conjunction with the Lents International Farmers Market (open 9:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.)! If you’d like to become a vendor, check out the vendor page for more details about cost, application and other details.
There is still room for sponsors for the event including beer garden, Green Lents Square, and more! Check out the Sponsor page for more details on how you can use the Ramona Street Fair to advertise for your business and join in the fun.